History of Evergreen
The Evergreen community began in 1955, originally meeting in people’s homes and then in our own church building in Everett, Washington where we were known as the Everett UU Fellowship. The services were primarily lay-led until 1985 when we called our first settled minister.
In 1990 we purchased the old Methodist church on 4th Street in Marysville, due to outgrowing the Everett location. Also, we changed our name to Evergreen UU Fellowship. Here we have flourished and continue our heritage of growing our faith and serving our world.
As a Unitarian Universalist congregation we are free to make our own decisions and determine our own direction as a community. Our Fellowship, like the UUA, is democratically governed. We are supported completely by the generous donations of our members and friends.
In September 2015, we celebrated our 60th Anniversary. Click here to read some stories from our past.